Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Such a mess




Sorry that you haven't heard from me in awhile. I wish I could tell you we were living it up or traveling the world, but we spent the entire weekend huddled down at home fighting the flu bug. It's been ugly and I swear there's no end in sight...

Little r and I were already battling colds we brought home from Austria. Then at 3 am on Saturday morning, little r woke us up in a panicky scream. It was probably the first time I questioned my habit of checking on him in the dark. It took me a few to figure out what the disgusting gooey crud was that I put my hand in when I went to pick up my crying kid. Gross. Poor little bear was so confused.

Luckily that was all the puke we saw that night. I didn't realize it was the beginning of a long week though. By Sunday I was tossing my cookies and Big R was not far behind. To make my life more exciting, little r developed an ear infection amidst all this mess so his misery increased 10 fold. And did I mention that my crazy Lucy cat pooped out a penny?! I mean, really?! We are all such a mess!

I really thought we were on the tail end of the madness until little r cried about his tummy hurting this afternoon. We got to start the fun all over again only this time little r was in a deep snuggle on my chest when he threw up. Being a mom has so many exciting perks - ha!

We spent the afternoon snuggling and moaning together as we picked through soda crackers and sipped on hot chicken broth.

We're hanging in there. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. There has to be, right? Until we get there though we need a big quarantine sign on our door. I'm hoping next time I write it'll be about healthy things. Until then, this girl is going to get some sleep...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment