Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Today is all about me and little r

Those of you that know me well, know that I have a ridiculously rough time sitting still.  This side of me has had an interesting time adjusting to my new life.  Pangs of guilt overtake me when I don't feel I've done anything productive with my time.  The projects abound in my mind and I fill each day with a million things I'd like to get done.  Most of these are for the family or little r, and a few of the projects I've set aside for myself.  It turns out being a stay-at-home mom can be a little hectic and incredibly time consuming, but it can also come with many rewards.  For the first time in a long time though, I don't feel stressed, I just feel very busy.  So, I've been working hard at internally allowing myself to enjoy this life at home with little r and releasing some of the guilt. It's a slow process, but I know I'll get there...

I had big plans of heading to the gym this morning.  The Christmas season is not helping my hips.  The cold morning wind and frost was all I needed to lose all of my motivation.  AND we had a big breakthrough this morning with little r and I thought it might be a good idea to stay home.

With Big R away much of the week in trial and no scheduled appointments this week, I got the wild idea to start potty training the little man.  (I also had forgotten to get diapers, so it seemed like the next logical step - haha)
How cute is this tiny little toddler butt in those dundies?!
This morning he FINALLY pee'd in the toilet.  I know, it might seem like a small victory, but for you other mothers out there, you know how huge this is.  Big R asked me why I don't get excited when he pee's in the toilet. HA, I'll try not to contain my excitement next time.  Funny man.

The progress is slow, but since we had this huge breakthrough and little r seemed really motivated by it, I wanted to stay close to home and keep up the encouragement.  That has translated into a day of mommy-son snuggling in front of the tv, reading books, playing with puzzles, and coloring (one of my personal favorites - it's incredibly therapeutic to color, have you tried it lately?).  We took a break from the "training" and walked the dog to town, bought groceries, and shared a lunch at the local bakery.

The gym can wait.  My little man won't be young forever.      


1 comment:

  1. Love it! We love coloring too! He's so cute! Great job River! Keep up the encouragement mom!

    ReplyDelete