Thursday, December 29, 2011

And, we ate the ginger bread house...

Yes we did, little r and I ate his ginger bread house. There are probably a million things wrong with me allowing this to happen, but honestly, I just can't stop laughing about it. It was darn yummy is what it was.  Never realized little r had such an eye for good food. Haha.  And here I was worried about the dog eating it!  Guess you could say we're a couple of suckers for cinnamon graham crackers, vanilla icing, and chocolate (for some reason neither one of us are too crazy about marshmellows). The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I didn't take a picture of it first.  Our friends had invited us over to make these little houses made of goodies this week, and they were a simple way to have fun. And, as it turns out, a pretty fantastic snack a few days later. It was another one of Big R's overachiever moments. He's like that especially when it comes to being creative, and little r never seems to mind the help.  The little house had a steeply slanted roof, a front entry way with Santa standing inside, and it even had a dormer.  Not even kidding you.  That's my hubby for you.  Being that little r and I started the project long before Daddy offered his help, it was in a sad state of disarray and thrown together mispodge of bricks and paste.  Man, I really wish I had taken a picture of it - oh well, we'll try to remember next time, and you can just imagine what it looked like in your mind. Little r and I were giggling so hard that I didn't even think to take an "after" picture either.

Fun can show up in places you'd never expect. I hope you all are having fun in a creative way today, too :)




No comments:

Post a Comment