Thursday, October 4, 2012

What have you been up to, Lady?

That is definitely a very good question. What have I been up to? We've had some not-your-ordinary-run-of-the-mill things come up that have kept us, at the very least, preoccupied, if not super busy. My brain is a scattered mess, so I've been focusing most of my energy into taking care of things and the family. Unfortunately that has forced me to put any writing aside much longer than I wanted to.

We have otherwise enjoyed being home as a family quite a bit this past week. There have been birthday presents for the little guy slowly staggering in. Little r seems to really like how living far away from folks means his birthday just keeps on coming :) I mean, who wouldn't like that?

Fall is here, and the leaves are turning, the air is much cooler, and the days are getting shorter. This is usually my favorite time of year, but it felt like it got here much too quickly this time. I suppose I wasn't ready for the colder temperatures. The heat FINALLY got turned on in our building though, so perhaps that will help me be ready for fall. Besides, my morning runs really are quite a bit more enjoyable without all the summer heat.

We embark on our next adventure tomorrow. We leave in the wee hours of the morning to catch a flight out of Munich at 6:00 a.m. Yikes, right? The only thing making that early hour optimistic is knowing it provides us literally the entire day at our destination. So, where are we going? We just happened to be going to the south of France. YES! Can you believe it?! This is a trip we've had in the works for months now, and it's all planned around Big R's birthday. We needed to make it extra special. He is turning 30 this year, after all.

Our trip will start in Provence for a couple of days, and then we will be spending two nights in the French Riviera. Amen. I can't wait to tell you all about it. It will be a lot to see in a short amount of time, but that seems to be a skill we've slowly perfected since we've been traveling so much in Europe.

Once we return, we will have an unprecedented amount of time at home. We won't have another trip planned for over a month! I know, uncanny, isn't it? So, you might just hear a little more from me.

Have a great weekend! And if you see Big R, don't forget to tell the old man "Happy Birthday"!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment