Monday, July 4, 2011

School bus

We had a little shopping adventure yesterday with my sister to look for shoes to match her wedding dress. Yes, my little sister is getting married (yeeeeaaaaah), and I'm hoping to get as much wedding prep time in with her before we move to Germany.  Shopping was not only successful, but tons of fun.  Even little r managed to enjoy himself.  He was so good, in fact, that we treated him to a fun toy store before we headed home.  Little r was beside himself with all the toys.  



At some point my little r decided that school buses were pretty much the coolest things ever.  He gets ridiculously excited when he sees one and calls out in his endearing little voice "booo busss-h" and smiles from ear to ear.  This amazing toy store had the coolest cars, trucks, tanks, tractors, and SCHOOL BUSES!


We had to get it, of course, and little r has hardly put it down since.  In fact, when he crawled into bed he was holding it tight and I pulled the absolute worst mom maneuver EVER and pried it from his hands.  How could I do something so horrible?!  Complete and utter meltdown.  Did what any rationally-minded mother would do and handed it right back.  Wish I could have captured the look on his face when I did.  And no, it was not joy, it was pure disdain - a message to tell me never try that again!  So, little r slept snuggled up to his blanket and his school bus.  He did as any toddler would and played with the school bus in his crib for about half an hour before taking off for dreamland.  There's a little button on the top and when you press it down, it plays "Twinkle, twinkle, little star..."  We heard that over, and over, and over... Kid was happy though, so I just let him be.  

Woke up this morning to a happy, giggling kid and "Twinkle, twinkle little star..."  Guess you could say we have a new favorite toy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment