Monday, May 23, 2011

a little perspective

I'm finding myself in need of a little perspective latel. Caught up in the details of the move overseas, I'm letting myself fall into the stress and allowing it to consume me far more than it should. Excited, yes very, but when is the last time you tried to move overseas with your husband, toddler, a dog, and two cats, and leave your career behind? There is so much more to this than I ever anticipated, and I am most definitely allowing it to be all-consuming.


So, this is where a little perspective is useful. My client this morning told me that one of her closest friends is living in Joplin, Missouri, which is close to Fort Leonard Wood where her husband is stationed. It's hard not to be drawn into the news lately regarding all of the horrible tornadoes that have been hitting the Midwest. Joplin was decimated in the tornado

that hit there on Sunday evening. My client's friend lost everything. My client was describing the scene she witnessed in her friend's pictures including a crib standing alone in a pile of rubble. It seems almost impossible to understand how I could be

feeling any stress while knowing that someone is dealing with a young family that has just lost literally everything. My heart goes out to all the people in that have had to endure the unpredictable affects of the tornadoes from this weekend and also those that hit several weeks ago. I can only imagine how hard it must be for them to deal with the loss of their homes and just the simple routine of life. Even more so for those that lost loved ones in these horrible events.



So, here I take in a little perspective to keep my stress in check. Our family is on the cusp of an incredible adventure and stress is no longer welcome here. I say, "who cares" if something is randomly left behind? Perspective will get us through. No stress, no stress, no stress...

No comments:

Post a Comment