Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Packing...

Does anyone out there hate packing as much as I do?  Of course, typically, my issue is trying to decide WHAT to pack, and not the packing itself.  Don't really have that issue this time around.  Now I'm facing that slight anxiety of how the heck I'm going to fit it all.  Ok, no, I'm basically freaking out.  Haha.  My mind was made up yesterday when I went to the UPS packing store to send some things to Big R in Germany.  The cost is relatively  OUTRAGEOUS, and customs makes the whole shipping deal a little more work than I have energy for.  So, if it don't fit, it ain't going.  And yes, this phase of my transition has made me lose my grammar, at least momentarily.

Little r has been a gem for me today.  He slept in until 7:30 a.m., which is something he hasn't done since Big R left for Germany over a month ago (can you believe it's been that long already?).  My awesome cleaning lady came this morning, so now my empty house has clean floors and the mildew has been wiped from the shower walls.  Such a beautiful feeling to walk around the house and not have 5 inches of dirt stuck to my feet.  It's also amazing how a clean house can bring me a sense of calm.

The last phase of the move happens tomorrow as the moving crew packs up and carries out all the things going into storage for the next three years.  We'll be spending one more night here, and then driving away from Richmond on Friday morning.  Keep those fingers crossed for me that all my stuff fits into these suitcases and that I can get it all into that little car for the trip to DC!    

No comments:

Post a Comment