Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hey Dad




So it turns out there are a lot of people in your life that have figured out what we've always known, that you are a pretty swell and fantastic guy. You have a gift for getting to people and touching their hearts. Guess sharing all that love has worn your heart out, Dad, and it's time for all of us to give all of it back and more so you can heal.

So here's the deal (as you would always say), it's going to be tough, but you will pull through this and come out swingin'. Give that heart of yours a break and try to relax so it can rest and heal. There's no need to fight so hard - all the doctors and nurses are doing that for you. You've always been stubborn, which is probably my favorite characteristic of yours, but it would be ok with me if just this once you put everything in our hands and let us take care of you.

I should have known you'd figure out a way to see me on my birthday - ha! Well you asked me last week what I wanted, and I think my wish is obvious. Get better, Dad. That's all I want now and for the rest of the year. 2013 is in the works of being a pretty fantastic year in your life and we don't want you to miss one more minute of it.

I love you, Dad. I love you so so much.

xoxoxo
Nana-roo


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment