Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fun music

It's been an interesting week in our household. We're all a bit out of whack as we muscle through jetlag, nightmares, and busy schedules. All of which are individually tasking. It has taken every will in my bones not to fall into the trap of sticking little r in front of the tv so I might be able to steal a couple of much needed zzzzzz's. Instead, we are staying busy. Unfortunately, my Rani-dog is nursing a pull of sorts in her shoulder, so our old fallback of taking a nice long hike has become a quick trip down the street. That leaves lots of time to keep a sleepless toddler occupied. We've planted gardens...

reorganized the garage, cleaned the house, played cars and trains, drew pictures, and read some books...
Some of the best fun we've had though has been watching music videos on YouTube. Little r is a huge fan of watching dance routines and an even bigger lover of music. I posted his favorite dance video on Facebook about a month ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F52daJLbUo). It's a lot of fun, but we've seen it at least a dozen times, if not more, so I was on the search for something new. We came across this video during our last searching session and I just had to share it. The video is by a group called Walk Off The Earth (WOTE), and the video is a cover of the song "Somebody that I used to know" by Gotye (same song as the dance routine, so little r was an instant fan). It's more impressive if you actually know the song because they sound so much like the original band and the five of them are all on one guitar!


I'm probably somewhat late in discovering this. As I was searching for it to put into this blog, there are already several parodies of this video. As someone that grew up not only loving music, but having it played in my house (especially by guitar) all the time, it's hard not to appreciate how freaking awesome this video is though. As far as I'm concerned, I think the craze is worth it because these folks have some serious talent. And hey, maybe there are a few of you that haven't had the joy of watching it yet :)

Until next time, you'll find little r and me dancing around the living room snapping our fingers to this fun beat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment