Monday, June 2, 2014

Wine Club - can't think of a more perfect thing

Yep, a wine club.  Could we seriously come up with anything more awesome than a reason to make sure a group of your closest local friends gets together on a regular basis? Nope, I didn't think so.  I'm actually in shock that I haven't come up with this idea before.  It happened completely by accident, which I think is how most brilliance is derived...

So, when I moved to Erbendorf last summer, one of the first people I met was my friend, Sheri.  She's kind of awesome in just about every sense of the word.  We immediately hit it off, and before long, we would make time once in awhile to take a break from all the mommy madness and share an evening with each over a glass of wine.  Then we started inviting our other girlfriends in the neighborhood.  Somehow this turned into a wine club and it is literally the most awesome thing.  Book club is clearly overrated.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I always love a good book, but who has time to read these days anyway?!  I say that with a heavy heart, though, because it's painful to me that I don't have time to read, but I'm very happy to find another reason to bring a group of amazing woman together on a regular basis.  To make things even more awesome, we all live in the same neighborhood. That means as long as we have hubbies at home or a babysitter hired, we can stroll over to wherever wine club is happening that night.  Yeah, brilliance and awesomeness. I wish this type of luck on all my friends, I truly do.

Wine club night always involves a lot of laughing, often a fair share of eating (especially chocolate, schneeballen, and wasabi peas - yes, all of those things at the same time), and sometimes they can talk me into standing on my head.  (I don't recommend this at home because I have a couple scars on my head to prove it's not exactly the best idea, and yet it keeps reoccurring. hmmmm.)


The t-shirts say "Erbendorf Wine Club"

And the back is a wine bottle pouring our names into a wine glass - so cool!

I apparently make it a habit of standing on my head after a couple glasses of wine...

they are all secretly hoping I crash on my head (which has happened before!)

It's no secret that I love a glass (or two) of wine, and the only thing I enjoy more is being able to share a glass with my good friends.  This wine club is nothing shy of awesome.  I'm seriously tearing up thinking that I have to leave this incredible group of women next month.  Oh, ladies, I don't know what I'm going to do with out you!!!  Sheri, when I leave, your task, should you choose to accept it, is to teach some of these ladies how to drink "real" wine.  (Sorry, ladies, I couldn't help myself, but that sweet stuff has got to go!)

Zumvoll to my wine club ladies.  I will miss you all so much!
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment