Wednesday, October 5, 2011

In the groove

You ever have one of those days when you just feel in the groove? I have had the most productive day. Attending yesterday's conference required me to wake up by an alarm clock for the first time since I quit my job. Despite hating the waking up part, I was reminded how good it felt to have a little time to myself before little r and the rest of the house comes alive.

So, this morning I tried what I hope is the beginning if a new routine for me and woke up early. I pulled on some clothes and slipped out of the house for an early morning run. It was completely dark so it felt a lot earlier than it actually was and I couldn't touch the trails until twilight. And yes, it was somehow accomplished without me getting lost since I'm sure you were all very worried. I also managed to get a few miles in before little r woke up.

This set the tone for the rest of my day. I walked the dog, got little r out if bed, fed us breakfast, packed a lunch for Big R, kissed him goodbye, put a load of laundry in the wash, packed for the gym, loaded little r onto the bike and headed to post… played volleyball with the ladies (2 on 3 and it was a blast), loaded little r onto the bike, road home without any unplanned detours (yay! About freaking time!), hung out the laundry, fed little r lunch, put little r down for a nap, and then did my daily yoga practice. Spent naptime researching and planning for our big trip to Berlin this weekend, and finally took a shower. After naptime we tried to take the puppy for a walk that became a search and chase party until we finally made it home (crazy mutt!). And now I'm making dinner, writing thank you's, and blogging while watching little r's new fave "Days of Thunder" (insert laugh here) and waiting for the hubby to find his way home before getting little r into bed.

Now that is what I call a productively awesome day. If this is the result of waking up just a little bit earlier I think that'll be a habit worth keeping. Mommy's got her groove back :)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment